ATH Móvil takes high-level security measures to protect your information and keep it safe from the moment you access the app and throughout the entire transaction process.
Encryption and Protection
All our systems are protected by firewalls that are constantly updated to block unwanted incoming connections to our network.
All the information that travels across our systems is stored in secure servers and is automatically encrypted with the high-level, 256-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption protocol. This encryption process keeps third parties from reading or modifying your information, guarantees the safety of your transactions, and safeguards your personal and financial data.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- In some cases, we challenge users by sending them a code via text message to verify their identity.
- Passwords must have at least eight (8) characters, including one (1) upper case letter, one (1) lower case letter, one (1) number, and one (1) special character.
Username or Password Recovery
- If you forget your password, you can recover it or change it during the log in process by pressing the "Forgot your password?" link on the screen.
- ATH Móvil has daily limits on the amounts allowed per transaction type to prevent and control risk of fraud.
- La sesión cerrará automáticamente si el sistema no detecta actividad durante un periodo determinado.
- Users will be automatically locked out after several failed attempts to sign in with an incorrect password or second authentication factor. To reactivate your account, you can press the button to recover your password.
Fraud Prevention Best Practices
Below we provide security recommendations and the best practices for preventing fraud
- Create a safe password and change it frequently.
- Do not use your Social Security number, account numbers, or any other personal information when creating your password.
- Never disclose ATH Móvil account information (password, validation codes) to others.
- ATH Móvil will never request your password via email or telephone.
General Security Recommendations
- Do not use devices that belong to other people to access or send money through ATH Móvil.
- Use available alerts (email, SMS, push notifications).
- Check the balance of your registered cards and the activity history to ensure transactions were sent and received successfully.
- Immediately report any suspicious transaction.
Recommendations for Preventing Phishing, Spyware, and Malware
- Do not open emails from unknown senders. Do not trust emails allegedly sent by financial institutions, government agencies, or any other entity requesting account information, account verification, or access credentials such as your username, password, card number, validation codes, PIN number, or other similar information.
- Opening attached files or clicking on links included in suspicious emails may expose your system to malicious code that can take over your devices.
- Never respond to or click on any link included in a suspicious email.
- If an email that appears to have come from ATH Móvil seems suspicious, contact a service representative to confirm this activity before opening it.